Dr. Shivinder Singh Gill Ji, with experience of 40 + years in Medical Education and Research field with expertise in Hospital Administration, General Administration and Education Management and proactive participation in Social Services, will be the key note speaker for the session “Cultivating Positive & Drug Free Environment for students”
Dr. Gill Key contributions to the education and medical field has been immense:
Major Research Initiatives:
- Setup University Centre of Excellence in Research, BFUHS, Faridkot
- Ph.D. programmes in all Health Sciences Specialties at BFUHS, Faridkot
- Setup University Intellectual Property Rights Cell in collaborations with Punjab State Council for Science & Technology, Chandigarh
- 1972 – MBBS – Government Medical College, Rohtak, Haryana, India; 1976 – M.S. (Orthopedics) – PGIMER, Chandigarh, India; 2005 – M.A.M.S. – National Academy of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India; 2016 – F.A.M.S. – National Academy of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India.
- Chairperson, Centre of Excellence, Shalby Multispecialty Hospital, Mohali – January 15, 2018 – till date;
- Dean, Gian Sagar Medical College & Hospital, Patiala – January 1, 2015 – October 31, 2017;
- Vice Chancellor (President), Baba Farid University of Health Sciences (BFUHS), Faridkot, Punjab, India (State Medical University) – November 4, 2008 – November 4, 2014 (6 years);
- Professor & Head, PGIMER, Chandigarh – October 1, 2005 – November 3, 2008;
- Professor, PGIMER, Chandigarh – July 1, 2001 – November 3, 2008
With over 80+ Publications in the areas such as:
- Impact of Uranium and other Heavy Metals on Health; Water for Health;
- Recent Advances in Assisted Reproductive Technology and Preservation and Digitization in Evidence Based Medicine
- Scroll of Honor, North Zone, India Orthopedics Association, Jammu, India – 2002
- Awarded Bhagat Pooran Singh Award, Punjab, India – 2007
- Awarded Baba Farid Award for Honesty, Punjab, India – 2009
Professional Association Memberships: 42
- Patron, Jagat Punjabi Sabha, Canada
- Member of Medical Council of India, New Delhi
- Member of Central Council of Health & Family Welfare, New Delhi
- Member of Committee constituted by Hon’ble Governor Punjab for Punjab State Cancer & Drug Addiction Treatment Infrastructure Fund Act 2013.
- Life Member, Chairman Scientific Committee, Member of Board of Management/ Academic Council/ Board of Studies and Expert/ Examiner of Universities/ Research Degree Committee/ Advisory Bodies etc.
- Chairman, Shaheed Big. Balwinder Singh Shergill Trust at Village Dangarh, Barnala, Punjab, India
- Conducting various medical camps at village Dangarh with local medical fraternity every year. More than 500 villagers are being examined and they are guided and helped to get proper treatment alongwith health and family education.
- Active participation in Malwa Sabhyacharak Sangh, Barnala, Punjab, India
- Participation and honoured by Hagrik Manch, Banga, Punjab, India
Major Projects and Fund Generation Programes:
- Project of Three University Buildings (Administrative, Academic and Medical College) completed (2008-2011) of Rs. 73.36 crores
- Cancer Unit and Nuclear Medicine Department of Rs. 36 crores
- Established Health Sciences Library Network (HSLIBNET) in 2009 and generated Rs. 7.3 crores
- Setup Ayurvedic Clinical Research Centre in collaboration with Department of AYUSH, Government of India, New Delhi of Rs. 1 crore
About International Better Learning & Teaching Conference 2023
Taking a leap ahead in Education, Roar 4 Change is hosting the 2nd flagship Conference – “International Better Learning & Teaching 2023” on Feb 10– 11, 2023 in Belapur, Navi Mumbai. The second edition of this Conference will cover the extensive range of education requirements and has participants from leading education institutes from Himachal Pradesh, Maharashtra and Punjab.
For any further information on the conference, please contact Mr. Baljit Singh via email [email protected]