August 10, 2022
Roar 4 Change launches Bhai Gurdas Ji Awards to connect people with the teaching for positive living. Bhai Gurdas is considered the first interpreter of Gurbani. His writings are considered key to understanding the Sikh holy scriptures and path for us for positive living. He wrote 40 vars (ballads) and 556 kabits (both forms of Punjabi poetry).
Mr. Baljit Singh, Roar 4 Change Program Director said, “People around the world are going through tough state of mental health. This is our humble attempt to connect people with positive living. These writing and interpretation of Bhai Gurdas Ji are available on YouTube in English and various other languages. Bhai Gurdas Ji’s writings are considered the best specimens of Sikh literature and philosophy. He also was blessed to scribe the Guru Granth Sahib or Adi Granth, the holiest Sikh scripture that was compiled by Guru Arjan Dev Ji, the fifth Sikh Guru, in 1604. We believe our humble attempt will give insights to many for positive living.”
How to enter for the award:
Bhai Gurdas Ji has written 40 Varan. Each of the 40 chapters of “Varan Bhai Gurdas” consists of a differing number of Pauris (sections, paragraphs). Pick any one of the 40 Varan or any section and write what that means to you and how you are implementing in your life for positive living.
- This will be a yearly award and all the entries received by December each year will be evaluated and the winners will be announced on August 25th of the following year.
- A five-member award council will be the judge for the final selection of the participants for the award.
- Roar 4 Change team will select 25 best entries each year which will then be presented to the award council for the final selection.
- Our goal is to select one best winner each year who will receive the award.
- The award will be a FREE trip overseas for a Punjabi Conference. If the award is won by a participant from Asia, we will be assisting them for a FREE trip to USA or Canada for one of the Punjabi Conferences. And if the award is won by a participant from the USA / Canada / Europe, the participant will receive a FREE trip to a Punjabi conference in India. Roar 4 Change team will assist in all the process from getting the passport to the visa for the winner.
Visit Roar 4 Change website to learn more about the Bhai Gurdas Ji Awards and how you can participate in it. Feel free to email Roar 4 Change team for any further information at [email protected]
Bhai Gurdas Ji AwardsInspire, Create, Living Positively and Reward! Compose your understanding of any vaaran of Bhai Gurdas Ji.
About Roar 4 Change
Roar 4 Change is a non-profit organization dedicated to bringing change and increasing the Happiness Index by actively contributing to the socioeconomic development of all communities worldwide. Roar 4 Change focuses on helping the community, education, environment and providing disaster support through its initiatives: Roar 4 Education, Roar 4 Help, Roar 4 Happiness, Roar 4 Women Empowerment and Roar 4 Water.